Current context: Child Protection in the time of COVID-19.
Goals of the presentation:
- To develop your understanding of child rights, child law and child protection in South Africa.
- Children’s Rights in South Africa
- The Ethical and Legal Framework
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Bullying and Peer-To-Peer Violence
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Separation and Divorce
- Children With ‘Disabilities’ and Chronic Illness
- Children’s Protection And ‘Cultural Rights’
- To enable you to apply this understanding to your daily practice – that is, to understand your role in relation to child protection and to be able to execute it confidently and ethically.
- Your Role as A Health Professional
- Child Safeguarding and Standards: The Critical Importance of Policy
- A Holistic View of Child Protection for Health Professionals
- To facilitate your integration of child advocacy and child protection in your practice.
Case example: to illustrate the complexity of child protection in South Africa.