PART 2 – This presentation will look at the following topics:
The primary aim is to empower the audience in gaining further knowledge on the topic and to be encouraged to practical assist children, suffering from both/ either anxiety and depression, with confidence.
- Anxiety and Depression in children becoming more common.
- Anxiety and Depression existing separately and or co comorbidly.
- The factors contributing to this increase are diverse and complex.
- Modern society and its role in the development of this disease.
- Understanding the contributing factors.
- Social emotional aspects of development of healthy wellbeing
- What makes a child’s world work and what matters to a child?
- Attachment to primary caregiver, and the development of trust and belonging.
- The need for greater resilience in children: why is it lacking?
- Understanding the function of character growth and life management skills.
- The most commonly used approaches from recent research.
- Social systems that the child lives and functions in.
- Working with families, school or social community.
- Medicate or not to medicate?
- Practical supports/solutions to a mood affected child.