Depression & Anxiety in Children: Part 1
Depression and Anxiety in Children: Part 1
Points: 3 CPD POINTS
Price: R500 excl VAT
Course Duration: 1 hour 24 minutes
31 December 2019
Please note NEW RULES FROM HPCSA : “Accreditation numbers are valid for the year they are accredited in”. All CPD questionnaires must please be completed/submitted to Impact Learning by 31 December 2019. Should you run out of time kindly contact email@example.com for further information. We will endeavour to do our best to assist you but there is no guarantee that courses will be re-accredited.
PART 1 – This presentation will look at the following topics:
- Normal versus pathological anxiety.
- Anxiety disorders of childhood e.g. Separation anxiety disorder, Generalized Anxiety
- Disorder, Social anxiety disorder, Selective mutism, Obsessive compulsive disorder and Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Aetiology of anxiety disorders, including genetic and environmental factors, including the role of parenting.
- Clinical presentation of the different anxiety disorders, including school refusal and somatic complaints.
- Screening for childhood anxiety.
- When and how to refer.
- Management of anxiety disorders
- Pharmacological (emphasis on the SSRI’s)
- Childhood depression and its Epidemiology and Aetiology.
- Clinical presentation of childhood depression.
- Suicidality in children – including the phenomenon of cutting.
- DSM 5 diagnostic criteria.
- Treatment of childhood depression.
- Pharmacological (mainly SSRI’s)
- Take home messages.