Bullying, Teasing & Discipline: A Speech Therapist’s / Stutterer’s Perspective
Bullying, Teasing and Discipline: A Speech Therapist’s / Stutterer’s Perspective
Points: 3 CPD POINTS
Price: R500 excl VAT
Course Duration: 1 hour 41 minutes
21 September 2019
- Fluency, the 2 Main Types of Fluency Disorders and the differences between the two types of dysfluencies
- What is bullying?
- The power imbalance, unjust use of power, intent to harm, victims distress, repetition over time and evident enjoyment by the aggressor
- How extensive is bullying? Amongst all children and among Children who Stutter
- Types of bullying behaviours? Physical aggression, Social Alienation, Verbal, aggression, Intimidation and Relational Bullying
- Effects of bullying? Generally, and the short term and long-term consequences – Specifically, in the child who stutters / clutters
- How environment re-enforces bullying?
- Reporting verse non-reporting,
- “Victim role” verse resilience
- Which child is most likely to be bullied?
- Roles of therapists, parents, teachers
- Dealing with bullying