Please complete the below quiz. A pass mark of 70% or more is required in order to obtain the Ethics points and a certificate. You will be afforded 3 attempts at passing the quiz. Your quiz progress will be saved for 7 days whereafter you will need to restart your quiz if not completed. Please contact email@example.com for any queries.
0 of 30 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 30 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Congratulations on completing your quiz. If you passed with a score of 70% or more, you can download your certificate from the ‘My Courses’ page.
1. The area in the brain that is responsible for executive functions is the:
2. Executive function processes do not include:
3. The effect of executive function weaknesses can affect various domains of academic performance such as:
4. The following tool is used by the Education Department to write learning outcomes and assessment criteria:
5. The correct order of thinking skills from low to high is:
6. In the Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) the learner can go no further without the assistance of a:
7. Metacognition can be defined as:
8. Flavel et al (1993) maintains that metacognition is:
9. Thinking Maps are based on the cognitive research of:
10. Brain researchers believe that:
11. Which of the following is not applicable to Thinking Maps?
12. Identify the quality that is not part of the essential qualities of Thinking Maps:
13. Every Thinking Map is linked to a specific thinking process. A Bridge Map is for:
14. A Circle Map is for Describing
15. A Brace map is for classifying?
16. Which thinking process is most applicable to a Tree Map?
17. Metacognition involves knowing about thinking and how to use executive function processes to regulate thinking but also includes other aspects. Identify which statement is incorrect.
18. Choose the correct 2 statements:
19. Functional Medicine is relevant for:
20. Choose the correct statement
21. Metacognitive strategies are mostly required by High School learners as the academic demands in Pre-Primary and Primary School do not primarily depend on metacognitive skills.
22. Which is the correct statement:
23. The teacher or therapist acts as a mediator between the learner and the task.
24. There are four essential criteria for mediated learning.
25. Choose the correct statement:
26. The Cognitive Enrichment Advantage (CEA), developed by Prof Katherine Greenberg, can be used to develop a common language for thinking in learners.
27. Choose two Metacogitive techniques below:
28. The Reticular Activating System (RAS) acts as a filter (gatekeeper) against all the ‘data’ that is around us.
29. The listening strategy involves
30. Choose the correct statement: