Basic Life Support – CPR
December 2 @ 8:00 amR1380
18 ppl max per training event, 15 CPD points approved and 2500 vitality points
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the steps of CPR:
- When to start Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR.)
- When to give breaths as well as to demonstrate the use of the various barrier devices.
- When and how to check for a pulse.
- How to give compressions at the proper depth and rate and with complete
- chest recoil.
- Describe the signs and actions for a severe airway obstruction in both the responsive and unresponsive victims.
- Describe the links in the ‘Chain of Survival’, including the importance of:
- Activating the appropriate Emergency Response System.
- Performing CPR.
- Providing early defibrillation.
- Ensuring the arrival of early advanced care by activating the appropriate
- Emergency Response System.
- Describe the signs of 4 common life-threatening emergencies in adults:
- Cardiac arrest
- Heart attack
- December 2
- Impact Learning
- 082 853 3832